YUI Libraries and Javascript not being loaded

YUI Libraries and Javascript not being loaded

by Justin Reeve -
Number of replies: 3

I built my own theme, and when I go into the different resources, like File or Folder the YUI libraries needed aren't being called. Down by the "Select Files" label the icon just spins and doesn't give the option to enter the file browser. Same thing happens with the Upload a File assignment. In the Question Bank, the "Choose a question type to add" popup instead loads inline on the page.

These can all be traced back to the YUI libraries not loading up in my <head>. It works perfectly fine if I switch back to a different theme. Is there anything special I need to do to make this happen?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Justin Reeve

Re: YUI Libraries and Javascript not being loaded

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It all depends on how you made the theme in the first place.

You really need to be more specific. Saying you built a theme, and not giving any clues as how you put it all together is rather difficult for anyone to tell you what you have done wrong.

But to try and answer this question, all I can say is that you will find clues if you look at theme/base/layout/general.php

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Justin Reeve -

I know, sorry about that. I kind of wanted a generic response, because if there was a simple answer like, "oh, you have to include yui.php" or something it would've come up. So I appreciate that.

Anyway, the solution was something ridiculously obvious I overlooked. I was missing the $OUTPUT->standard_end_of_body_html() at the end.

In reply to Justin Reeve

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Yeah!

Cheers!

Glad you discovered that, as it is the most important part of the page.

Mary