Re: Update problem

by Tyler Gilpin -
Number of replies: 6

I can't update correctly to latest questionnaire version on 1.9.16+. My current questionnaire version is 2008060403. Everything is OK until you try to continue from the successfully upgrade screen. The continue link doesn't appear and If I click the home link everything look OK....but if I click  the notifications link, I get a server error screen. I don't think it would be an issue if the continue link/button was there to finalize the update.

Thanks.

Attachment Setting up module tables - Google Chrome_2012-03-26_13-52-47.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tyler Gilpin

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Tyler "...but if I click  the notifications link, I get a server error screen"

Please post a screenshot of that error screen.

It is not clear from your post whether you are upgrading your moodle from 1.9.x to 1.9.16 or/and upgrading your questionnaire plugin (from which version?) to latest version.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Tyler Gilpin -

Please post a screenshot of that error screen. DONE.

It is not clear from your post whether you are upgrading your moodle from 1.9.x to 1.9.16 or/and upgrading your questionnaire plugin (from which version?) to latest version. My current version is 1.9.16+. I upgraded several weeks ago. I'm only trying to upgrade the questionnaire module (from version 2008060403).

Thanks. smile

Attachment 500error.jpg
In reply to Tyler Gilpin

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Tyler, this looks like a server reset. What you don't say is, after that happens, if you try to re-start your moodle site, is Questionnaire working OK or not?

Joseph

by Tyler Gilpin -

Hi Joseph,

I don't think this is a server reset issue. I get this error page when I click the notifications link (thats it) and it only happens when I try to upgrade this specific module. Any other link, course, etc on my moodle site works. However, I will try what you suggested and get back to you.

Thanks.

In reply to Tyler Gilpin

by Tyler Gilpin -

Joseph,

I restarted my moodle site after I tried to upgrade the questionnaire module. I get the same error page when clicking the notifications link (twice). The first time clicking it, it says it was successfully upgraded, but the bottom of the page doesnt have a continue button. The second time clicking it, it will give you that error page above. However, I've tried many courses that use the questionnaire module and they seem to work without error. The only error is the notification page. Also, I've tried different themes to see if that helps and it did not.

Thanks.

by Tyler Gilpin -

Joseph,

I restarted my moodle site after I tried to upgrade the questionnaire module. I get the same error page when clicking the notifications link (twice). The first time clicking it, it says it was successfully upgraded, but the bottom of the page doesnt have a continue button. The second time clicking it, it will give you that error page above. However, I've tried many courses that use the questionnaire module and they seem to work without error. The only error is the notification page. Also, I've tried different themes to see if that helps and it did not.

Thanks.