uploaded theme not showing in theme selector

uploaded theme not showing in theme selector

by Francisca Wentworth -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I recently installed Moodle 2.2.  I have uploaded the theme bright_drop which I found on the Moodle site to my server and am pretty sure that I did it correctly, however it does not show in theme selector. I have combed through the theme info on Moodle.org and tried some things but still can't get it to work.  What next?  Bright_drop is for 2.0 so I figured it should work.  I previously had Moodle 1.9 and had a theme I liked called ability to learn from Themza but that will no longer work in 2.2 according to the info here. Too bad.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francisca Wentworth

Re: uploaded theme not showing in theme selector

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Unfortunately Themza themes contain hidden code which, fortunately, Moodle 2.2 rejects.  I'm trying to get those themes deleted from in the themes database as they are proving a problem.

Thanks for letting me know about this theme.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Francisca Wentworth

by Kristen Walker -

Did you get your theme to show up in the theme selector?  I am having this issue with a cloned theme.  It installed okay but isn't showing up as a choice for me in the list of themes.

Thanks,

Kristen

In reply to Kristen Walker

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Kristan,

Check to see if your have this code in your config.php

$THEME->hidefromselector = true;

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Evans -

oops...I forgot to say, "If you do find it...delete it!" 

In reply to Mary Evans

by Kristen Walker -

Thanks so much, Mary!  I found this setting in the config files for the two parent themes for this theme, Base and Canvas.  So, I got excited thinking that since those two themes are the parent theme for the SBCEO theme,  I just need to add

$THEME->hidefromselector = false;

to the config.php file for sbceo_theme.  I did this, but unfortunately it is still not showing up.  I cleared the theme cache just to see if that helped, but I still don't see it.

I am basing this theme on Boxxie, which does show up in the theme selector, so I am a little confused about why Boxxie shows up but the new theme doesn't.

Anything else I can check?

Thanks so much for all of your help, it's much appreciated!

-Kristen

PS

Sorry it took a while to respond, I was out for a little vacation.

In reply to Kristen Walker

by Mary Evans -

If you have used capital letters for the theme name and used caps throughout this theme then that is the reason it's not being recognised by Moodle. All themename/filename/directory names have to be in lowercase letter.

You could try enabling debugging in Site Administration > Development > Debugging  this will produce Errors and Warnings telling you where you have gone wrong or which files to fix.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Kristen Walker -

Yay, that's it, that's it!!!!!!  I see it now.  You've been a HUGE help, Mary.

Thanks a million!

big grin big grin  big grin  big grin  big grin  big grin  big grin  big grin  big grin  big grin  big grin  big grin  big grin  big grin

-Kristen