Databases: Custom enrolment

Databases: Custom enrolment

by Eniko Kovach -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

I am very new to Moodle - so please forgive my silly questions.

Bit of background: my installation is for children's sport coaching. We do not actually need or want the children to be able to log into Moodle, it is used for the coaches as a teaching resource area, as well as to keep track of enrolled students and attendance, but the information stored in Moodle is not relevant to students.

Problem 1 - We do not want to go through the regostration/self enrolment as atwo step process. Therefore I am trying to create a custom enrolment form, where the students can (in a single step register) register and select from drop down menus the sport session (set us as a course in Moodle) they want to enrol into.  

Problem 2 - Because the children are very young and have had no experience with the sport activities, the first lesson is free so the parents can see if the kids like it and want to participate. Therefore we can not charge at thetime of enrolment. Hence, I need theenrolment process to notify us that there is a new enrolment, so we can manually charge them after the first lesson.

Has anyone done anything like this? Would anyone be ableto give me some helpful suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance!!

Eniko

Average of ratings: -