Where are the Groupings settings for resources?

Where are the Groupings settings for resources?

by Peter Diedrichs -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

In M1.9+ the are Grouping settings for folders and files, but I cannot find that in M2.2+

What might be wrong (there is no "advanced" button in the folder settings.)

This is an excellent feature for separating content for different users/groups, I really hope it's still there!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Diedrichs

Re: Where are the Groupings settings for resources?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Peter Diedrichs -

Thanks, but I have no problem with Groupings in activities. The problem is that I have no Advanced button nor any Groupings settings for resources, like folders, url:s and files.

This is in my Moodle 2.2+ (Build: 20111209), but I also have a 2.1.1 installation, and in that one the Groupings settings are available also for resources! Could this be a bug in my Moodle 2.2+ (Build: 20111209)?

by Peter Diedrichs -

Actually, our IT developer says it's a bug in the system. Moodle doesn't create the advanced button, see below (Moodle 2.2+ (Build: 20111209):

No advanced button

by sam marshall -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is not a bug. It's behaviour which is expected (although imo wrong).

Go into experimental settings and turn on 'groupmembersonly' option, then it will work.

(IMO the groupmembersonly option should be always enabled, or better still removed, i.e. if you choose separate groups then that always implies groupmembersonly.)

--sam

In reply to sam marshall

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

That link I sent you before WAS for resources, not activities.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Peter Diedrichs -

Thank you, that solved it for me smile

It wasn't completely logical though, if you wonder about me not understanding directly:

The first link only mentions activities, but my problem was with resorces, not activities - the grouping settings in my forums actually worked before I made the setting under "experimental", but not in resources like folders.

Anyway, your posts helped me (and by that also the 35 000 teachers & students that soon will be using moodle 2 at the Linnaeus University, Sweden smile

The moodle.org forums and the people helping out there are great!