hosting

hosting

by eda karacelebi -
Number of replies: 5

hello everyone, I have moodle on our server which is hosted by Godaddy. But it will finish on May. SO I started to search if there is a better hosting company which will provide support in my moodle issues. Do you have a suggestion about it? Is there any hosting company which will install the latest version of moodle for me and do the updates correctly for me?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to eda karacelebi

Re: hosting

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Depends on how much money you have to spend. You might want to look for a Moodle Partner in Europe.

In reply to Colin Fraser

Ynt: Re: hosting

by eda karacelebi -

thanks in advance, but when I click on one of the partners, always it says "partners.moodle.com upgrade in progress... we'll be back soon".

http://partners.moodle.com/image/click.php?ad=netspot&service=support&p=netspot

I will look at that page later, thanks.

Re: Ynt: Re: hosting

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

mm That is interesting, NetSpot is my employer's Moodle provider and I have just been there and found it working perfectly.

<p style="Ad for NetSpot">In the about 6 years since we started using Moodle it has only been down twice, once when someone cut the power and telephone cables to NetSpot's building, (I think there was construction of a new building next door), and once when there was an electical storm that blew the power to that part of the city so they had to go off line for an hour or so. They are offering v2.1 and have been excellent at tech support for us. No idea how much they charge us, beyond my pay grade, but they have been hosting Moodle conferences and given all sorts of other support. I think they take the word "partner" seriously, as it certainly seems a partnership rather than just a service provider. </p>   

Try their homepage

Re: Ynt: Re: hosting

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Eda,

Apologies for the upgrade in progress message. The problem should be fixed now.

I'm just going to move this discussion thread to the Hardware and performance forum as suggested by Visvanath.