Moodle video Tutorials

Moodle video Tutorials

by Sarah Jane -
Number of replies: 16

Hi guys 

can anyone help me find the moodle tutorials website please. I thought it was www.moodletutorials.org but I see this is suspended. Has it moved or gone for good?

Thanks Sarah x

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Jane

Re: Moodle video Tutorials

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Unfortunately I think it's shut down.  I talked to the developer back in 2009 and even then the site was having bandwidth issues.  It was something he had setup as a student.

I did a round up of some of the sites available earlier this year, you might find some that are helpful http://www.moodlenews.com/2011/back-to-school-17-awesome-sites-for-moodle-training-videos/

In reply to Joseph Thibault

by Sarah Jane -

Wow, it's a shame there was some terrific info there. Will check out your link - thanks x

In reply to Sarah Jane

by L Cramer -

I think Mary Cooch has her own Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=moodle%2C+channel

but even just searching YouTube for "Moodle" turns up lots of tutorials (although they may not be as organized as you'd like).

Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (1)
In reply to L Cramer

by Dom London -

Ive heard wonderous things about the aptly title moodlefairy

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Laura Mikowychok -

Admittedly a shameless plug, but I've uploaded many Moodle videos to my YouTube channel, http://www.youtube.com/lmikowychok. They are pretty well-received and I've gotten feedback that Moodlers embed them in their trainings and workshops (which I just love to hear!).

Hope they help you and best of luck learning to Moodle!

Laura Mikowychok

Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (2)
In reply to Laura Mikowychok

by ben reynolds -

I can vouch for Mary and Laura's videos. Very helpful.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi there,

I hadn't seen Laura's videos before (and I'm such a Mary Cooch fan I really had to force myself to go and have look) but they are great too. (And I'm a nasty picky person who finds 99% of video tutorials are just zilch.)  Just one tiny criticism: 9 minutes seemed long to me - making them more bite-sized would suit my limited attention span.

What tool do you use to create them, Laura? I particularly liked having key points given not only orally but in writing.

Cheers,

Glenys

In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Laura Mikowychok -

Glenys, thanks for your feedback! Some videos I feel need to be that long (and sometimes longer) to cover a skill adequately (building a Moodle Lesson, Groups and Groupings, etcetera), but you're right - whenever possible, my YouTube videos should be efficient, and broken into manageable chunks. I will keep this in mind!

I use the fabulous Mac program ScreenFlow to design my videos. This is an amazing screencasting tool that doesn't require me to make a big Final-Cut-Pro production every time. I don't always use the text feature, but I always, always rely on this tool's excellent zooming and focusing capabilities.

My best to you!

Laura

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Laura,

I was just about to buy Camtasia for Mac because I hadn't heard of ScreenFlow but now I'm hesitating. They're both the same price ($99) and the reviews on line say they're both good products. They say to buy the one that suits you best but as I've so little experience I can't judge.

Yes, some subjects just are long but I still feel they're more digestible if broken up into Moodle Lesson 1, Moodle Lesson 2, etc.

Thanks again for your tutorials.

Glenys

In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Derek Chirnside -

Glenys, you are of course asking a tricky question. I looked at this recently.  Three random links:

Still, for the impatient person I am (combined with poor fine motor co-ordination), not really as easy as I think things could be in media creation.

I've been doing a lot of work ith PDF creation recently.  The basic entity there is the 'page'.  I'd love a system where everything is just a "block" and a bunch of small clips, images, sound bytes etc could be just lined up and concatanated easily.  Stack up 20 images and narrate with the machine handling all the transitions and sizing . . .

-Derek

by Sarah Jane -

Many thanks - as a visual person these videos are a god send to me.

Thank you so very much for keeping us informed.

Sarah x

In reply to Sarah Jane

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi Sarah,

we've published over the years several hundred commercial Videos that are published on DVD and online in German: http://www.video2brain.com/de/search.htm?search_entry=Moodle. Some are free as trials.

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Vipen Mahajan -

Are there any video tutorials in English pl. ?

I briefly looked at Lynda.com, they have tow courses, Moodle for Teachers (about 12 hours in all), and another one for Students (2 hours). ANy better alternatives ?