cant see quizport after installation

cant see quizport after installation

by james aco -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

i'm using Moodle 2.2.1+ (Build: 20120112)

quizport download

http://bateson.kanazawa-gu.ac.jp/moodle/zip/moodle-20.hotpot-module.zip

it's new moodle installation not upgraded

after installation / Adminstration /notification

i saw the msql table installation and it successfully instalied.

but in my activities and plugins , i cant see quizport

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to james aco

Re: cant see quizport after installation

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi James,

QuizPort only works in Moodle 1.9. but you can install the Hot Potatoes module in Moodle 2.

Gordon is busy working on TaskChain which will be the equivalent of QuizPort for Moodle 2.

I hope you don't mind it if I suggest we all do a Google search before posting questions here. Gordon, kind as he is, will reply but it's in the interests of all Hot Pot fans that he spend his time on finishing TaskChain. wink

Cheers,

Glenys

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: cant see quizport after installation

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

James,

if you look at the end of the link you posted for the downloadable zip you will see it says ... moodle-20.hotpot-module.zip. The file is named like this because it contains the HotPot module for Moodle 2. It does not contain the QuizPort module.

As Glenys pointed out (thanks Glenys!), the QuizPort module does not run on Moodle 2.x. For the time-being you will have to make do with the HotPot module for Moodle 2.x, or continue using the QuizPort module on your Moodle 1.x site.

The database tables you saw being installed on your Moodle 2.x site were probably for the HotPot module, since it was the HotPot module that you downloaded. Probably you can see "HotPot" now in your Settings -> Site administration -> Plugins -> Activity modules, yes?

Gordon