moodle 2.2 automated backup

moodle 2.2 automated backup

by Heather P -
Number of replies: 4

Hello

in moodle 2.2 I think I've turend on all the right bits for the automated backup to go to a specific location.

According to the reports the backup is running and completing just fine. There is currently only course one and an additional course in my Moodle so it isn't backing up a lot.

Unfortunately I can't find where it thinks it is putting the backup. It certainly isn't putting it where I told it to. I have found the one proper course's automated backup if I go into restore in that course, but course one (the front page course) no idea where that one is going. 

It is naming them with the course shortname which is good.

Thanks

Heather

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Heather P

Re: moodle 2.2 automated backup

by Irfaaz Ismail -

Hi Heather

I had a similar problem with my installation in Windows Server 2008. But i hadn't shared my specified directory properly so Moodle could not write to it. Please chech that your IUSR account has write access to the directory

In reply to Irfaaz Ismail

by mariarosaria tufano -

Dear Mohammed Ismail,

explain to me, please, as the procedures that I perform? How to share my directory?

Tanks Rosaria

In reply to mariarosaria tufano

by Irfaaz Ismail -

hi Rosaria,

It is like sharing any other windows folder. In my case, the folder im putting my backup into is in the same server as my moodle installation. I gave "read/write" access to my internet guest account IIS_IUSRS

In reply to Irfaaz Ismail

by mariarosaria tufano -

Hello Ismail, I managed to do a restore only in manual mode, I put in my Moodle course files gnomes files ( tufano.gnomio.com).

I do not know if I've done well.

Thank you wery much.