Moodle upgrade and Mahoodle

Moodle upgrade and Mahoodle

by Juan Ezeiza -
Number of replies: 2

We are planning to upgrade our Moodle 1.9 to 2.2. It could be difficult, because we have some non standard modules. So, one of the possibilities we are thinking about is making a clean installation of Moodle 2.2 and recovering the courses one by one. In that case, we should do the SSO with Mahara again.

Has anybody done it? Do you think that Mahara users' information could be lost in the process? Any suggestion?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Ezeiza

Re: Moodle upgrade and Mahoodle

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Moodle 2.x is not able to restore any user data from 1.9.
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Moodle upgrade and Mahoodle

by Jeffrey Jones -

I'm thinking that's not the question. The question is whether a new Moodle install based on the same login username decision (I'm guessing here, but I know it wouldn't work otherwise) would allow new accounts be recognized as an existing account when the user SSO'ed over to Mahara.

Our school district, last summer, changed the designated primary login username field for LDAP from SAMAccountName to email address (our UserPrincipalName). We ran queries against both Moodle and Mahara databases for a brute force change, and the connections were retained. (We have found some artifacts from that in Mahara -- it has several storage points for login usernames, and a few data field size problems -- but nothing that broke us.)

But we're also planning to move to Moodle 2.2 this summer, and are toying with the idea of starting from scratch. So my question would be exactly Juan's. Anyone?