Assignment feedback automatic email response?

Assignment feedback automatic email response?

by Velson Horie -
Number of replies: 4

I receive email notifications that a student has submitted an Assignment (experiment report) .  I then mark it and attach a model answer. 

Is it possible for Moodle to respond to an Assignment submission from a student with an automatic response, e.g. an email containing the model answer, or similar? 

I am using Moodle 1.9 but shall be moving to 2 in due course.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Velson Horie

Re: Assignment feedback automatic email response?

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hello Velson

When you click on "View submitted assignment" then you get Grades option. When you click on this grades option then you will get a page containing "Feedback", "Attach response file" and send notification options. With all these links you can respond to students with email containing model answer.

In reply to S. kavita

by Velson Horie -

Thank you for this advice.  I cannot see it in the 1.9 version I am using.  Presumably it is available in 2.0 onwards.  I look forward to upgrading.

In reply to Velson Horie

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just to clarify: in Moodle 2 you can't set an automatic  email response with a model answer, as you cannot in Moodle 1.9 But you can manually as you grade work send back a response and the student gets an email telling them you have done so.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Lael ... -
I don't think its possible to set up an auto email with a sample answer. But you might be able to set up a resource in moodle2 that becomes available upon completion of the assignment? Though I haven't tries this.