A required parameter (teacherid) was missing

A required parameter (teacherid) was missing

by Nyree Williams -
Number of replies: 5

Hello

I've installed scheduler latest version on Moodle 2.1 and I get this error message when scheduling an appointment 'A required parameter (teacherid) was missing'

what can I do to fix this?

Thank you in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nyree Williams

Re: A required parameter (teacherid) was missing

by Helen Bound -

Me too, which was exactly the same error message I got when we installed in 1.9. It's not clear how we match the teachers names up. Has so much potential but never managed to get it working!

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Nyree

Can you describe more in detail when this error occurs? Which buttons/links do you click, and when exactly do you see the error message?

by Greg Kessler -

This message indicates that there are no teachers enrolled in the course.

In reply to Greg Kessler

by Kevin Wiliarty -

In Moodle 1.9, as a site admin, I do not seem to be able to count as a teacher for the purposes of Scheduler, even if I am also explicitly enrolled as a teacher, and even if I switch my role. I always get the error described above. If a non-admin is assigned as a teacher, they will show up in the drop-down list. I will be able to select that person, and I will not get the error.

In reply to Kevin Wiliarty

by Sam Mudle -

In Moodle 2.3.2, when you create the slot, you will not be able to select yourself as the teacher, BUT it will automatically add you as the teacher when you save the slot.

I'm the only administrator/teacher for the site.  I think it's recommended not to use your admin account as the teacher, but meh.