How we override the core rendrerers from block

How we override the core rendrerers from block

by Sudhanshu Verma -
Number of replies: 3

I am making a block that is course manager which will show the section wise activities of the course.I want that when teacher/admin click on any activity in block then it goes to modedit.php,i need three tabs on modedit.php page .I did it using methos given on http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Themes_2.0_overriding_a_renderer but this make the feature theme dependent i.Is any other way to do .I also used javascript within php file but all javscript goes to header .

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sudhanshu Verma

Re: How we override the core rendrerers from block

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Let me check if I understand correctly: You have a block that contains links to other places in Moodle that are not part of your block?

And, when a user clicks on the link, and gets to the other place, you want them to see something different, and you want to do that by writing code in your block plugins?

That is impossible. The place the user has got to by following the link is not part of your block, so code in your block cannot affect it.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: How we override the core rendrerers from block

by Sudhanshu Verma -

Thanks Tim for replying me, My block will show the section wise activity listingwithin a course in a tree structure  manner just like course menu, link are normal activitylink.When user click it gets to the mod (assignment, quiz ..etc ) view page of the course.I want to include three different tabs as the user interface under this mod page .I don't want to hack the moodle core code.