MyMobile Theme now part of Moodle 2.2 CORE Themes!

MyMobile Theme now part of Moodle 2.2 CORE Themes!

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 21
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well done John!

Cheers

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: MyMobile Theme now part of Moodle 2.2 CORE Themes!

by imketu p -

hello

i have installed new mymobile theme and select mobile theme as mymobile in mobile theme selector tab. but only white screens i can see on testing on iphone3gs.

if select different theme in mobile tab it works but as anormal website.

please help me.

In reply to imketu p

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You do not need to istall MyMobile in Moodle 2.2 as it is already installed. If you added MyMobile as a new theme then you will have conflicts.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by imketu p -

Thanks for reply

i have installed fresh moodle 2.2 on different pc and select Mymobile them for mobile and tablet, but same problem blank white screen.

In reply to imketu p

by John St -

Turn on debugging and give Device/OS/Browser info...  

In reply to John St

by imketu p -

yes

Turn on debugging as developer  and check on iphone 3gs/os 5.0.1/safari

even i have check on online simulator http://iphonetester.com/ 

no  hope blank white screen.

moodle in underdevelopment so i can not provide you a link to test it is on standalon pc.

In reply to imketu p

by John St -

And you don't see any error messages after debugging is turned on? That would be odd... How did you do the install/upgrade? Did you overwrite with the new files, or completely remove the old files then upload

I don't see any issues on my fresh install of 2.2, so I'm not sure what might be happenning for you. 

In reply to John St

by imketu p -

yes i don’t see any error message. 

network manager and server administrator have did install on win 2008 server and it is live on internal college network initially.

everything is working perfect apart from mymobile theme.

is that the reason that i have used jquery in front page? i don’t think so because, i have try with standard theme as default and mymobile as mobile but still blank white screen on iphone.

also i have select default theme as mymobile and checked on iphone still white blank screen with debugging on.

on pc browser view source code i can see code in notepad. looks like mymobile theme code but no error only blank white screen.

strange!

In reply to imketu p

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Try to purge first all caches:

Site administration > Development > Purge all caches

If it does not fix the issue try to download a new moodle 2.2 package and again, purge all caches...

If it does not fix the issue check the source and error console with a couple of browsers: FF, IE8/9 (developers tools F12), inspect element with Chrome etc and check server error logs (apache error logs)

If it does not fix the issue check all the files that you have edited: config.php and so on - certainly "something" is breaking the code if you get a blank screen... it can be a corrupted file, missing file, injected code in some file, conflict with some non core script or for example you might have saved some edited file in wrong format, with BOMs etc.

Did you edit mymobile config.php or some other files of the package ?

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Rodrigo Filgueira -

Could it be that this issue arises when there is flash content in the page?

In reply to imketu p

by Bill Steele -

Did you resolve your problem?

We are now expeiencing the issue where users can login but when they go to their courses these show as blank pages. This does not occur when other themes are used. We are running 2.3.1

Bill

In reply to Bill Steele

by Mary Evans -

Can you report this in Moodle Tracker?

Apparently no one is maintaining this theme, but if there is anything I can do I will try and fix it...but not promising anything.

In reply to Mary Evans

by John St -

That is completely untrue. I have a large update (which I will likely update again) still waiting integration/testing etc:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-33934

As far as reporting this issue, why don't we get more info first? What version of moodle, what course format, etc. 

In reply to John St

by Mary Evans -

Sorry John, I had assumed you had stepped out due to your 'real life' work commitments, as there as not been any recent fixes, at least none that I am aware of, with regards the MyMobile theme. I know Gareth and yourself have been working on fixing MDL-33115, but even so that seems to have come to a stand still.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by John St -

I'd like to get these major updates integrated before working on other things. I have another major update, since the last one which is still sitting in limbo (see linked issue above), I just need to get it into github. If you want to lend a hand and push the new version up for me that would certainly help.

In reply to John St

by Mary Evans -

Sure...have you done these changes?

Can you add it to GITHUB as a file and I can do the rest?

In reply to John St

by Bill Steele -

Back to my original problem. We are running 2.3.1. To see an example of the problem go to http://moodle.uws.ac.uk/course/category.php?id=15 . If the page does not display then refresh a few times. Choose Digital Photography and the same issue will occur where you need to refresh the page until it appears.

Do the same thing on our pilot server at http://moodlepilot.uws.ac.uk/course/category.php?id=15and it seems to work without a problem

Any ideas of what the problem could be

In reply to Bill Steele

by John St -

Looks like it has to do with some mahara URL javascript that is being loaded into the footer. That is causing the ajax page loading to break.

I would suggest using the version from here:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-33934

Then turn off ajax page loading in the settings. 

In reply to John St

by Bill Steele -

Thanks Joh the problem was Ajax for PiWik

Bill

In reply to Bill Steele

by Mary Evans -

I've just been trying to test this. If you are using some of the new course formats. The colla[sed topic one is giving me an error message about AJAX.

I know there are some Issues with that if you search under MyMobile in Moodle Tracker there are lots of issues still unresolved.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Doris Johnson -

Will the MyMobile theme allow instructors to reply to a forum post?

I am using moodle 2.3 and I can rate the post but I don't have a link to reply. Thanks for your help.

In reply to Doris Johnson

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In theory, yes but screen size could be an issue with the TinyMCE editor.  However, I'd check you can reply in a standard theme first (have been given the capability).