Book module installation problems into Moodle 2.1.3

Book module installation problems into Moodle 2.1.3

by Craig Mackey -
Number of replies: 1

We've just upgraded our site from moodle 1.9.5 to 2.1.3+ and attempted to install the latest book module. When I go into the Site Administration/notifications page it tells me that I need to upgrade, as expected. After clicking the upgrade button it only migrates 29/32 books and just stops.

See screenshot snips below.

What's the best way to get around this problem?

Thanks,

Craig.

kj

m,n b
,v

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Craig Mackey

Re: Book module installation problems into Moodle 2.1.3

by Craig Mackey -

It appears that we have solved the problem, here's what we eventually did:

• navigate to a course known to contain a book (the only navigable route was via clicking on the profile image in the header because with the recalcitrant book upgrade no other links are visible),
  • in the course turn editing on, and create a new book,
  • when this was done all of the other books in the site magically appeared, except for the offending 3 books that wouldn't upgrade as above.
  • delete the dummy book created above.
  • now go through the different courses to find the missing books which took a little time. All were in the same course by coincidence and contained some large video files (>64MB).
  • On the server, delete the offending books from that course in the moodledata folder,
  • go back to the notifications page, click the refresh button, then the upgrade button,
  • moodle then upgraded the book module successfully.

I'm not sure that this is a standard approach but it seems to have worked ok this time & apart from the large quicktime files we are at a loss as to why there was a problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig.