Afterburner for Moodle 2.2

Afterburner for Moodle 2.2

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Moodle 2.2 was released about 10hrs ago and I missed it because I was fast asleep!

It has loads of new features, and also contains an updated version of Afterburner which allows you to change the logo, add a footnote and add some custom CSS. I'm planning on adding some more settings...so if you read this and would like a partucular setting added please let me know and I will see what I can do.

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Afterburner for Moodle 2.2

by John Bracegirdle -

Thanks for all your work on Moodle 2.2 it looks better than ever. I've been trying the Custom CSS setting and I tried to change the header colours using the CSS below:

#page-header {background: #020246;}
.headermenu a:link, a:visited {color: #C30;}
.headermenu body {color: White;}
#custommenu {background: #C30;}

The header background and link colour changes, but not the header text "You are logged in as ..." or the custom menu colours. I'm not sure if it's my CSS or something about using Custom CSS with themes.

Thanks,

John.

In reply to John Bracegirdle

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi John, Thanks for your kind comments! smile

Well the reason your .headermenu "Your loggedin as..." is not showing up in white is becasue you have not told it to do that! sad

.headermenu body {color: White;} does not exist - not the color...that's OK it the body bit does not exist in this context, body refers to the whole of the page.

What you needed to do was to simply add...

.headermenu .logininfo {color: white;}

Also keep it all lowercase.

That should fix it.

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by John Bracegirdle -

Thanks Mary,

I thought it could be my CSS, I've not used it for a year. I'm really looking forward to 2.2 on our school Moodle, we're still using 1.9.

I'm very pleased to see Afterburner in the core, as I based our 1.9 school theme on Afterburner to get a professional look, and custom menu while we wait for moodle 2.x on our server. The way Afterburner looks in 2.2 is great as it looks as though all customisation can be done from the setting page without using PHP, or having to ask our host to upload theme files.

Your fix for the text is working on my test Moodle. I'm also trying to get the custom menu to be red to fit our school colours.

I tried adding #custommenu {background: #C30;} to the custom CSS. Both Chrome and Firefox (Firebug) say my custom CSS is being overwritten by the parent theme sad

#custommenu styles...e=theme (line 4){
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #888888;
clear: both;
height: 30px;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
width: 100%;
}

#custommenu styles...e=theme (line 460){
background: #CC3300;
}

In answer to your original question on this post, a feature to make the theme logo link to the site's homepage would be great. It could be on by default, as most websites logo's link the their homepages. That feature is the only thing I think Afterburner is missing, and adding it would increase usability.

Thanks,

John

In reply to John Bracegirdle

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Mary Evans -

Hi Dietmar...I'm just making a TODO list for the New Year and saw this comment and so will ADD it to my list. smile

In reply to Mary Evans

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Mary Evans -

Ja! das ist genau das was ich tun werde!

Vielen Dank für die Idee!

Cheers

Mary