Embed audio files, and not download them

Embed audio files, and not download them

by José Enrique Cartagena-Ortiz -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, 

I uploaded a few mp3 audio files on Moodle 2.1, and I want the student to listen to them and not download them... but with the new system of storage if I hide the file they would not be able to listen to it. In previous versions of Moodle you could access the uploaded date in a better (I think) way.

What I did was... I create a Folder with the Files (to upload them to the platform) and hide the Folder. Then I create a Page and embed the audio Files so the students can only listen to them and not download them... I can listen to them because I'm the manager of the course, but, when I log in as a student I can't listen to them because they are hiding. I remember doing this in the old versions of Moodle, and I didn't have to hide anything and embeds would work. 

How can I hide the file but be able to use it at the same time... sad Please help! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to José Enrique Cartagena-Ortiz

Re: Embed audio files, and not download them

by Guido Gautsch -
Hi José, There's no need to create a folder for the files. Just add them in the page, using the 'add media' button. MP3s will automatically embed. Cheers, Guido