Certificate Module

Certificate Module

by Narendra Purohit -
Number of replies: 4

Hi All,

Greetings for the day.

We have created a course using Courselab and also have the QUIZ within the Course. Now We want to generate certificate on completion of the course.

Request you to guide me with some info. / link which we can use it effectively.

Thanks and Regards,

Narendra Purohit

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Narendra Purohit

Re: Certificate Module

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Greetings,

Did you read Certificate module and other pages that link to it?   This is in MoodleDocumentation.    That should be a good starting point.

Best Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Narendra Purohit -

Hi Chris,

Greetings.

Currently we are using Moodle 2.1.1+ (Build: 20110916).

Yes I have gone through the "Certificate Module" using that was able to setup the module and also see the details in the Plug-ins.

After that unable to find options like, modify the certificate, etc. !!!!! and also want to know how do we integrate the certificate with existing course.

Thanks and Regards,

Narendra Purohit

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Narendra, There are 3 ways to modify the certificate. One is through the interface, by adding image files to the certificate folder and by creating a custom certificate by copying an existing certificate type and modifying the code.

1. You can modify the certificate though the Settings block >Certificate >Edit settings link. This will modify the way a standard certificate will appear by changing the settings (use a Fancy Brown border, show grade, unique code or a signature line and so forth. It is also possible by modifying the language via site administration menu.
  2. Via FTP,  someone can add images to the ../mod/certificate/pix folders. For example you can add your own watermark to the ../certificate /pix/watermarks folder.  Then it will be available to select when someone trys to modify/edit the certificate via the edit settings link.
  3. Certificate customizing describes how to modify the code as found in one of the ../certificate/type folders. As for integrating, you can add one or more certificates to your course by using the add an activity and selecting the certificate activity.

Hope this helps, Chris

by Jedar Llavore -

Im using Moodle 2.2,and I'm having a hard time in installing PukunuiAustralia-moodle-mod_certificate...?How can I correctly setup the module,so it will appear on the add resources box..,thank you.