Hello I have been lucky enough to get the chance to upgrade moodle 1.9.3 to 2.0. This is my first time even working with moodle and it's an upgrade. I have been trying to do as much research as I possibly can so that I don't mess things up. I came across something stating that I need to check "Environment" and look at "Server Checks". Everything says ok besides "Unicode". I did search into the message that it gave me. I have found instructions on how to get it to UTF-8, but it was talking about doing a mysqldump and I dont have access to the server to perform a task like this from command line. So my only option is to use phpMyAdmin. I wasn't to sure if this would work, but someone told me that you should be able to export the db to UTF-8 and then import as UTF-8. I gave it a try and sadly it did not work. That's why I am here. I am very lost.
If there is anything else that is needed from me please let me know. Like I said before, this upgrade is my first time ever touching moodle (I couldn't be luckier) so I apologize for the noobish questions.