Flexible or customizable theme (like chameleon) for Moodle 2?

Flexible or customizable theme (like chameleon) for Moodle 2?

by Caroline Moore -
Number of replies: 1

For my "superuser" faculty, I'd love to offer a customizable theme like chameleon, which allows the instructor of a course to choose the colors of various page elements.

I'm having trouble finding such a theme for Moodle 2. Does anyone know if one exists?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Caroline Moore

Re: Flexible or customizable theme (like chameleon) for Moodle 2?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Caroline,

Many (most?) of the moodle2 themes have settings pages which allow varying degrees of customisation. The most comprehensive of these is probably my own flexi_ii theme which you can find in the plugins database, although this may go beyond your needs.

The one issue I can see with any of the themes though is that they offer this customisation for the theme itself and not for each course - if the same theme is used on a number of courses, changes made in the settings for one course would affect every course using that theme. I am not aware of any theme which allows settings on a per course basis.

To get around this, I think you would have to create a clone of the main theme for each course using it - in effect giving them a different theme each so that their settings only apply to that course. Depending on how many courses you have, that could end up being a lot of cloned themes! smile

HTH

Richard