M2.1 cannot set theme on course-level

M2.1 cannot set theme on course-level

by Thomas van den Heuvel -
Number of replies: 3

Hey peeps, I seem to be having some trouble with enabling (and then using) the ability to set themes on course level.

I am logged in as site administrator and I enabled the "allowcoursethemes" theme setting found under Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme settings. Next, according to the course settings documentation I should be able to force a theme upon a course. However, at the location where this option should be (after the Maximum upload size setting), I only  have a setting called "Legacy course files". I also tried to login as teacher and played around with some other settings but to no avail.

If someone could tell me what I am overlooking and/or what steps I need to perform to be able to enable this option (or suggest a workaround which enables me to do the same thing), please do.

Thanks in advance.

On a side note: The "Theme list" theme setting does not seem to limit the number of displayed themes in my Moodle installation. When I supply a list of selfmade themes, all the themes are still displayed...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas van den Heuvel

Re: M2.1 cannot set theme on course-level

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I seem to think this was a bug in the system which has been fixed. What exact build of Moodle 2.1 are you currently using?

With regards the theme you have selected as the DEFAULT theme (the top most theme in Theme Selector) have you selected any others as Legacy, Mobile or Tablet?

You could try setting Theme designer Mode and see if this has any effect with the course themes.

Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme settings (2nd checkbox from top of page). Enable this then SAVE changes.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Thomas van den Heuvel -

Thanks for the reply.

I have looked into all of the above, but the cause was something completely different: the theme we used was a spinoff of an existing theme, but with a custom stylesheet that had the following line in it:

.select-theme { display: none; }

We have yet to determine who cooked this up lol >_<.

Consider this issue closed and apologies for any time spent on this.

In reply to Thomas van den Heuvel

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Seems you have a joker in yout organisation! LOL

I love it...!

Definately an Aprils Fool's Day joke!

Cheers

Mary