Was the MySL 5.5 syntax fixed in version 1.9.14?

Was the MySL 5.5 syntax fixed in version 1.9.14?

by Monica Franz -
Number of replies: 5

Hi!

We're using 1.9.8 and MySQL 5.5!  Unfortunately our DB Manager changed the MySql Version from 5.0 to 5.5 (with out asking) and now (one semester later) we have the problem with synchronizing LDAP (create temp table and select left join, etc.) I read the tracker MDL-28537 and also read that 1.9. will only be supported til June 2012.

My question is, do other MySQL 5.5. Syntax problems exit and are they all fixed in 1.9.14 stable? I couldn't find the Release Notes to that subject.

Does a list exist which SQL-Statments (and where) are effected, so that I can make changes in Moodle 1.9.8 to get everthing cleared up again until I install the upgrade 1.9.14 (might be August 2012).

Cheers,

Monica

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Monica Franz

Re: Was the MySL 5.5 syntax fixed in version 1.9.14?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There were problems in the quiz report and assignment report SQL that have now been fixed.

In reply to Monica Franz

by Monica Franz -

Thanks for answering!

Maybe a list exists which changes we're done for the MySQL version 5.5. I guess CREATE Table had to be changed to fit MySQL 5.5.

Do I have to really install the Upgrade 1.9.4 to get all the 'stuff'  newer than Mysql 5.0 (TYPE=MYISAM) to work and avoid db-inconsitences?

Cheers,

Monica

In reply to Monica Franz

by Monica Franz -

I didn't mean 1.9.4!

I ment 1.9.14!

Cheers,

Monica