Heads-up - Moodle 2.2 QA testing starting soon!

Heads-up - Moodle 2.2 QA testing starting soon!

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi everyone,

Just to let you all know, with Moodle 2.2 due for release on 1st December 2011, we'll be starting another QA testing cycle on Monday 14th November.

If you'd like to have a play with Moodle 2.2 on our Moodle QA testing site and at the same time help with QA testing, please read the documentation QA testing and contact me if you'd like to be added to the testers group in the Moodle Tracker. New testers are always welcome. smile

We're aiming for a 100% pass rate of QA tests within two weeks so all testing help is much appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Heads-up - Moodle 2.2 QA testing starting soon!

by suresh kr -

I want to be a moodle tester.........

In reply to suresh kr

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Great! You are welcome to check out the new Moodle 2.2 features on our Moodle QA Testing site and report any bugs you come across in the Moodle tracker. If you're not sure about whether something is a bug or a feature, please post in this forum.

In reply to Helen Foster

by suresh kr -

Hi,

I tried to register with Moodle QA Testing site.

But i am getting error mesage.........

Attached Screeshot

Pleas do help.

Attachment untitled1.PNG
In reply to suresh kr

by Helen Foster -

Sorry to hear you had a problem creating an account on the QA testing site. I have reported it as MDLSITE-1557. Hopefully it will be fixed soon; in the meantime you can always use one of the test accounts listed on the front page.

In reply to Helen Foster

by suresh kr -

Hi

Now iam doing testing this site http://demo.moodle.net.

And i found an error.

Error Description:

In below module:

• Home
  • /  Site pages
  • /  Backup
  • /  Initial settings

Attached Screeshot.

Attachment error.PNG
In reply to suresh kr

by Helen Foster -

If you tick the Anonymize user information checkbox then you're not able to include user files. If you want to include user information in the backup then you should not tick the Anonymize user information checkbox.

Regarding the problem creating an account on the QA testing site, you'll be pleased to hear it has now been fixed.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Joan Tracy -

When I tried to edit summary  I could not get a toolbar until I switched from Moodle auto-format to html and then saved and reopened. Screenshot attached.

In reply to Joan Tracy

Re: Text editor toolbar

by Helen Foster -

Hi Joan,

I've also noticed that you have to change the format then save changes in order to see the text editor toolbar (also on moodle.org). It has been like this since the site was upgraded from 1.9. I don't think the problem occurs on new installs. If you have chance, please create an issue for it in the Moodle tracker.