What module should I use for course surveys

What module should I use for course surveys

by David Ekdahl -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I need to implement a course survey as an activity option for my moodle site. I need custom created questions with scale option at a range from 1 to 5. I want to be able to create a template who can be used at all courses.

What should i use?

We are running moodle version 1.9.11

Tried to install questionnaire but it is not working correctly in my site since my site is running swedish as display language. Questionnaire is only visible as an activity if i run english as display language it seems...

I tried to google for hours but i couldn't find anything suitable.

Please help me forum!

Sincearly.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Ekdahl

Re: What module should I use for course surveys

by Chris Hanson -

For the sake of support and updates, I say the newer the better. If you do a cvs checkout of Moodle 2.x you can continue to update the code base and stay secure and up to date so any new and exciting features will be available to you.

In reply to David Ekdahl

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi David,

What do you mean exactly by "questionnaire is not working correctly... with Swedish as display language" ?

There is a Swedish translation for Questionnaire, at least for Moodle 1.9.

Please re-post to the Questionnaire forum where I shall try to help you out. And provide more detailed explanations please,

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by David Ekdahl -

Hello,

When swedish language pack is active Questionnaire is not visible as a module in the "Administer activities" section, nor is it visible as an option when creating an activity in the course section.

However, when I switch over to english as display language it's visible in both of the above.

I have not yet tried the swedish translation. I will get right on it...

Funny thing is I have taken over the system administration of this moodle site, and when I tried to install questionnaire the first time I did not recieve any information under the "Notification" area.

Could it be that the previous system administrator allready tried to install questionnaire? Can you look inside some "install"-file and see what tables should have been created if that is the case?

In reply to David Ekdahl

[solved] Re: What module should I use for course surveys

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Problem solved in the Questionnaire forum.

Jospeh