Adding info from Database activity?

Adding info from Database activity?

by Max Monclair -
Number of replies: 2

For a course I am building, I need to issue a certificate at the end to students who pass the final exam. The course confers a number of contact hours students (who are nurses) can submit to maintain their licensure. In order to be valid, the certificate needs contact information, which students are required to submit at the beginning of the course in a Database activity. Is there any way to make the data collected in the DB activity available to another module, like Certificate? I have found nothing in either the Database activity or Certificate module documentation that is clear on this.

I'm also posting this in the Database activity forum, in case this has come up among the readers of that one as well.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Max Monclair

Re: Adding info from Database activity?

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Curently this can't be done with the database and certificate modules as they are.

But of course that don't mean this can't be done with modifications to the certificate module (I don't think you need to modify the database activity module). I think it should be possible to do that with just a customized certificate without any modifications to the certificate files wich is interesting as it will not prevent you to upgrade to future versions of certificate.

As long as the information is in your Moodle database, somebody with php knowledge can write code to print it on the certificate.

All you need is a programmer (unfortunately I miss too much time to candidate for that task) ... or to learn php ... and Moodle programming

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

Re: Adding info from Database activity?

by Max Monclair -

I suppose a quick fix, until I work out the programming, would be to have the cert print blank lines that the student could fill in. I know a department using a different accrediting body does that, but I'll have to chek to see if our accreditor will allow it.

However, if there is someone out there who has acomplished this, please let me know.