Moodle documentation: Help:Content in toolbox and "bots"

Moodle documentation: Help:Content in toolbox and "bots"

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers

Noticed that MoodleDoc help was not on the Nav menu system anyplace.  Can we add it to the toolbox?

Noticed that "Main Page" was changed to "Main page" and we put in a 'redirect'.  Does our supreme sysop have a tool for making global changes.   The basic search and replace when it comes to links to a page.  

As with any S&R we would have to be careful. Thus I would leave it up to the supreme sysop and not put such a tool in my hands smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Collman

Re: Moodle documentation: Help:Content in toolbox and "bots"

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Chris,

I don't think there's an easy way to add Help:Contents to the toolbox. I'm thinking that perhaps the 'Editing help' link on every edit page is enough?

As we now have navigation blocks on the right of most pages in Moodle Docs, we're planning on removing the blocks in the left column and just having a few links in the footer (see MDLSITE-1511 for details).

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by "The basic search and replace when it comes to links to a page." also "bots"? Please do explain!

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle documentation: Help:Content in toolbox and "bots"

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Helen,

I will check out 1511.  

I thought we used to have a how to edit MoodleDocs link over to the left someplace, which went to Help:Content . Back when I had more hair, I recall creating a MediaWiki and was able to change the Nav menu.  I think this was done via the "skin" (like a Moodle Theme).

In Word you can do a Ctrl+H, type in searc for "Main Page" and then "Main page" and it can replace every instance.  I was wondering if something like that existed for MediaWiki.

Bots are little snooping programs that seek out stuff on a MediaWiki.  I found this  Help:Bots.  On the same page I saw something called The MassEditRegex extension.  

Just an idea.  Chris