Is there a definitive version of Certificate for Moodle 2?

Is there a definitive version of Certificate for Moodle 2?

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm trying to find a working version of Certificate for M2 and am now completely confused. Chardelle seems to have been working on it, somebody called Guido seems to have been working on it and a Moodle Partner in Oz has had a go too. I don't know if these are same or different projects.

Can anybody unravel what is going on?? smile

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Is there a definitive version of Certificate for Moodle 2?

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Howard,

I have been using the version I put in Certificate module but I confess I have not done a recent survey of what is out there for M2 in the last 3 weeks or so.

Sure hope we do not get into the pickel jar with 4 different versions going at once, like what happened with Activity Locking way back when.

Thanks for the heads up.   chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Kaalgat - -

Hi

The way that I understand it, is that they are still busy working on the Certificate Module for Moodle 2.  There is a "beta" version that you can obtain by downloading the newest version of Moodle through CVS, and then try using that /moodle/mod/certificate directory for your site.

So you would then copy that /moodle/mod/certificate directory, from the newest CVS checkout to your site, and then go to Admin -> Notifications to install that.

Kaalgat

Books.Za.Org

In reply to Howard Miller

by Julian Ridden -

Howdy all,

Here is the definitive answer.

Pukunui Technology (An Australian Moodle partner based Perth) has taken over as the official maintainer of the certificate Module.

Work has been completed to update the code to work in Moodle 2.x although I would currently list it as a "mature beta" release. 

While I know that many developers have already been plodding away to get this plugin active, I can safely say that this version is the most stable of all of them that I have seen. And as the "official" version, it would be the one I encourage you to use.

I am adding this to the new Modules and plugins database tonight so it will hopefully be showing up there soon. Should you come across any issues/bugs or have suggestions, please be sure to add them in the Moodle Tracker.

In the meantime here is a download link from the Github repository:
   https://github.com/PukunuiAustralia/moodle-mod_certificate

Julian

In reply to Julian Ridden

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Good enough.... thanks for the clarification Julian.