Public Questionairee

Public Questionairee

by Hayk Zakaryan -
Number of replies: 9

Hi,

I am using Moodle1.9.12

I have set up a Public Questionairee in order not to let teachers see the results, untill we make the results in PDF and send them just the averages for the courses they teach.

I mainly use the "rate" question for creating "survey".

Here is my question:

I have a "base" course where my main "Questionairee" resides.

In all the other courses i just use "Use Public" option.

As the documentation says, teachers and admins can't access the results from within individual courses. Admin can access the results from the "base" course.

So when the admin goes to see the results in the main course and clicks view all responses, he can't diffeer the responses for individual courses.

He needs the averages for individual courses.

And actually how the average is being calculated here?  For All the courses? 

How can we get averages for individual courses?

Will appriciate any advice.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hayk Zakaryan

Re: Public Questionairee

by Bob Puffer -

I'm working in this same area right now on course evaluations though my version is 1.9.13.

Using a public questionnaire there's no way to determine which course submitted particular questionnaires without downloading to .txt and opening in a spreadsheet.

If a public questionnaire gives you additional problems, let me know as I've "tweaked" the questionnaire module to allow for a questionnaire type of "Course Evaluation" which disallows instructors from seeing the results of private questionnaires and also introduces the idea of "noneditable" questions (can't be changed by anyone but an admin and can't be moved around in the questionnaire).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Bob Puffer

by Hayk Zakaryan -

Hi Bob,

Thank you very much for the answer.

If i could hide the results of a private questionairee from teachers, that would be real a solution for me.

Can you provide me with your solution (code) on doing this?

And some guidelines on it.

Will really appreciate that.

by Bob Puffer -

Hayk,

You can pick this up out on my github, user bobpuffer.  Let me know how it goes.  A diff will show you how few changes it actually took to accomplish the objective.

Bob

p.s. There's one other mod in there that adds a tab for reminders, merely a link to the activity report for the questionnaire with all the "No's" pre-selected.  It'd be easy for you to remove.  Everything's commented.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Hayk Zakaryan -

Hello Bob,

Thank you for helping me out with this.

I got the files from your github, i am just getting this error message when trying to install:

Errors found in XMLDB file: Problem loading table questionairee_question, some FIELDS previous/next values are incorrect.

I tried installation on Widows workstation using Moodle 1.9.12

Do you know what can be the possible cause of this?

by Bob Puffer -

Sorry about that, let me look at the xmldb file and see where my "scurying' caused a lapse.

by Bob Puffer -

there's a new mod/questionnaire/db/install.xml file out there with the correction to your error.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Hayk Zakaryan -

It worked fine Bob.

You have done a really useful work.

Thank you very much.

I will probably take off the reminders button for now, so the teachers could not see the names of the students, who did the evaluation.

I will review the code modifications deeper for "non editable questions" part, it is very interesting for me. Will take me some time to delve into it, cause i started reviewing this module a few days ago.

Thank you again. 

by Hayk Zakaryan -

The noneditable questions feature for teachers is very useful.

Thank you.