Editing page name in wiki

Editing page name in wiki

by Debbie Grace -
Number of replies: 6

Has anyone been able to edit/change the name of a page in the wiki?  I would love to hear from you if you have been able to.

Cheers, Debbie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debbie Grace

Re: Editing page name in wiki

by Lesley Partridge -

I'm new to wikis, but in 1.9 standard wiki, I've used a workaround: copy the contents of the page, remove the page (in Administration) and then set up a page with new name, pasting in the contents. You'd probably have to add the images again though. Don't know if that's any help.

Cheers

Lesley

In reply to Lesley Partridge

by Debbie Grace -

Hi Lesley,

Yes, that does help, thanks for that.  It would be nice to be able to just edit the page name, but if that is not possible your suggestion is a good one, and I will do that.

Cheers, Debbie

In reply to Debbie Grace

by Nelson Cartagena -

I have not been able to change the original name to the first page in a wiki. It seems this is not possible from the User side. I am not an administrator of our installation, so... I have to live with this...

I found however that if you don't want to use the first page, simply create new ones. You will have to ignore the page that is originally given and titled, and insert links to new pages. New pages can be named by you.

I use the HTML format of pages, so if you do, here is how to create links:

1. Type
  2. Type the name of the new page, or a number
  3. Type
  4. Save
  5. A new page is ready to be used...

Note: Once you hit the "Create page" button, pages CANNOT be deleted. They will be listed in the Map tab.

Here is a suggestion:
Use the original page (the one that you cannot change the title to as your TITLE PAGE for any project or use the original page as a Table of Contents (with links to pages you have named and created).

HTH

In reply to Debbie Grace

by Alex Arathoon -

Hi there Debbie, looks like I have found a way to rename pages.
Edit the page where the page you want retitled is found. Then just rename it in the square brackets!

So simply really but it took me a while to realise I could do it.
Shame this doesn't apply to the first page!
I've requested an easier way to rename pages, and also to create them in the first place without resorting to Wiki markup code.

You may want to vote for my feature request here:
http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-34694

Cheers,
Alex

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Alex Arathoon

by E T -

Hello all! I'm having some issues with a Wiki but for different reasons and I saw this discussion. 

Actually, if you edit the name of the page where it appears in the brackets it will create a brand new page by the same name. Then you have to recreate tha page again.

Thank you and I hope this helps a bit.