Questionnaire - Rate Question errors

Questionnaire - Rate Question errors

by Brett Drinkwater -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Everyone,

I've spent hours trying to work this one out, and now I call on help from the community.

Running Moodle 2.1.1 - clean install, not upgraded from 1.9

I have 20 questions in the questionnaire, however, I cant get passed the first question, which is a Rate (scale 1..5) question type, using named degrees and with the N/A column

Here is the question data:

1=Strongly Disagree
2=Disagree
3=Neutral
4=Agree
5=Strongly Agree
The course was engaging and informative
I learnt some new parenting skills from this course and have applied them.
This course covered some of the parenting issues I needed help with.
I found the slides easy to follow.
The short film clips were informative (e.g. the Marshmallow experiment, the Plane Emergency)
The short films of Michael speaking were informative. (e.g. Michael talking about ‘toggling’).
The animation showing ‘signalling in action’, helped me understand the concept.
The animation helped make the presentation more engaging.

The question is not compulsory, there is no grading.

Whether I am logged in a a student, teacher or admin, I get the same result when I click the Submit button

This error appears at the top of the questionnaire page.

There is something wrong with questions: #1.

and I am unable to submit the questionnaire.  It's not a very helpful error message and I have turned on debugging to the highest level....no errors presented in the errror log or on screen.

I've been over the settings a dozen times....some suggestion or advice please?

Best Regards

Brett

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brett Drinkwater

Re: Questionnaire - Rate Question errors

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Brett, thanks for reporting what looks like a bug here. I will investigate and report in this discussion as soon as possible,

Joseph

EDIT Work started in the bug tracker CONTRIB-2200.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

FIXED !

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Brett Drinkwater -

Thanks so much Joseph!

I'm just wondering....do I need to go and reinstall the questionnaire module now, or were there other files outisde of the questionnaire module folder which needed modification?

Love your work, Thanks Joseph

Cheers

Brett

In reply to Brett Drinkwater

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Brett,

You can download the latest version of questionnaire/locallib.php for moodle 2.0 or 2.1 (it's the same) from the contrib repository here.

Joseph