STACK?

STACK?

by David Gilpin -
Number of replies: 9

Any news on the progress of the STACK project? and Moodle 2.1?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Gilpin

Re: STACK?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

A lot of work has been done, but it is not quite there yet. A lot of the mess in the code has been cleaned up, which bodes well for the long-term health of the project, but that took time. Ask again in another month or so, or just wait for Chris to make an annoucement.

P.S. to answer the "Don't know why I need a description" statement in your profile, see point 4. at http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Pedagogy#Social_Constructionism_as_a_Referent

In reply to Tim Hunt

by David Gilpin -

Thanks Tim, I updated my profile to tell a little about myself.  Also, thanks for the update on STACK.  I am looking forward to ditching the commercial option for math assessments.  I just need more than multiple choice and simple calculated.  I would like to have randomly generated algebra problems and I think that is what STACK will allow me to do unless there is another tool that I am not privy to...

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Kevin Wheelock -

Excellent! Count me as another user (physics prof) anxiously awaiting it!

K.

In reply to David Gilpin

by David Gilpin -

is the STACK Moodle project dead?  Haven't heard an update in a long time and links on the stack wiki for progress were dead last i checked.

In reply to David Gilpin

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It is still alive.

The update to make it work with Moodle 2.x is taking longer than expected, but Chris and I are now working on it with the aim of getting it working by Easter.

A lot of the old wiki and so on died because as part of the update we are moving the code to git, etc. We just have not got around to setting up a new home for the project on github. Chris did, however, kill the old wiki, because keeping it clear of spam was talking time that could be better used for other things.

So, watch this space, and hopefully we will have some good news soon.