Official app is not connecting

Official app is not connecting

by Jonathan Konrad -
Number of replies: 7

We use a Moodle host for our school's Moodle site. It's 1.9.x not 2.x yet. I can connect with all browsers, the commercial mPage and mTouch, but not the official app. Does it only support Moodle 2.0? Did I miss that somewhere?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jonathan Konrad

Re: Official app is not connecting

by Dongsheng Cai -

Jonathan, the moodle app only works with moodle 2.1, because the new web services only available since 2.1

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dongsheng Cai

by Mark Davis -

I am having the same problem, but with 2.1+.  I have web services enabled.  Is there anything else that needs to be done to make this work?  I keep getting "invalid user account, please check your username or password" both of which are 100% correct as they are what I use to log successfully in via my PC.  Our site does not use SSL so the address is not HTTPS:// but just HTTP://.  Also, are there any instructions anywhere yet?  Thanks!

In reply to Mark Davis

by Mark Davis -

Dongsheng answered my question.

Not only do you need to have Web Services enabled (in Site Administration|Advanced Features), but also mobile web service:

1. Go to the Settings Block
  2. Select Site Administration
  3. Select Plugins
  4. Select Web-Services
  5. Select External Services
  6. Tick Enable mobile web service
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mark Davis

by Jérôme Mouneyrac -

Hi,

just to clarify, the only thing you need to do is to check 'Enable mobile web service' and click Save. 

(It will enable the Moodle Web services system for you)

Cheers,
Jerome 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Davis

by Ira Felinski -

I have a similar problem as Mark.

Keep getting "Error: Please check your login details or ask your site administrator to chekc Moodle configuration"

I'm trying to connect via the Official iphone app to a local (test) install of Moodle 2.1 whilst connected to the same network, using the IP address of the computer it's installed on.

I have enabled mobile web service in the admin settings, NOT using HTTPS & the user name/ password is correct...

Am i missing something? or does the app require Moodle to be at a properly hosted site?

In reply to Dongsheng Cai

by Jonathan Konrad -

Thanks so much. Not sure how I missed that requirement, but I suspected.