certificate on a moodle 1.9+

certificate on a moodle 1.9+

by Mauricio Figueiroa -
Number of replies: 2

Hello!

I work for the Brazillian Post Office, on the E-learning section; until recently we worked with moodle 1.6.2 and did not implement the certificate module, while waiting for the 1.9 update.

So we got the 1.9+ version to start working, and finally implement the certificate. Thing is, the customized module I worked fine. But my machine's HD fried and I lost all work sad

Now I'm trying to restart all the work but I'm stuck on the module itself. Please someone suggest me: which certificate version should I install on my moodle 1.9+ ? I browsed the forum and find out there's Chardelle's version and a FAT version (only for moodle 2.0, apparently).

My moodle is 1.9 +, php 5.3.5, mySQL 5.0.7 running on xampp, win xp. On my test machine I'm running another moodle 1.9+ and a moodle 2.0 (with different DBs and moodledata folders, of course).

htdocs\moodle - moodledata
htdocs\moodle19 - moodle19data
htdocs\moodle20 - moodle20data

After installing Chardelle's 1.9 version, from this (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=181289) topic, I get the following error:

Notice: Constant FPDF_VERSION already defined in E:\xampplite\php\PEAR\fpdf.php on line 10
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class FPDF in E:\xampplite\php\PEAR\fpdf.php on line 13

Help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mauricio Figueiroa

Re: certificate on a moodle 1.9+

by Tom McClain -

We just had a similar problem running a LAMP install ->

Apache 2
php 5.3.5
Moodle 1.9.9

An update to php 5.3.5 appears to have been the culprit. The box is a production instance so we needed a quick fix.

In the

/usr/share/php/fpdf

directory we renamed the  fpdf.php file to fpdf.backup

this allowed the library only to be called once and appears to have fixed the problem. 

Hope this helps.

In reply to Mauricio Figueiroa

Re: certificate on a moodle 1.9+

by Mario Dorantes -

Hello:

Another possible solution is comment the line four in the file mod/certificate/view.php

<?PHP // $Id: version.php,v 3.1.0
require_once("../../config.php");
require_once("lib.php");
//include '../../lib/fpdf/fpdf.php';

in order to load just once the functions.

Moodles days

Mario Dorantes