Uploading you tube videos

Uploading you tube videos

על ידי Sue Aldrich בתאריך
מספר תגובות: 2

I am just starting with Moodle 2.0 and I want to upload you tube videos as training resources.

I click on Add a resource and click on Page.

At the same time I have accessed the particular you tube video that I want and I click underneath it on Share and then Embed.

I then copy this and go across to the Moodle Page and Paste it onto the contents page.

I then click on save and return to course and the link is now there but when I click on it I go to a second page where I have to click on it again. Then the you tube video comes up but when I click on play it all goes black and I get an error message across the screen.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Sue

ממוצע דרוגים: -
בתגובה ל: Sue Aldrich

Re: Uploading you tube videos

על ידי Mary Cooch בתאריך
תמונה של Documentation writers תמונה של Moodle HQ תמונה של Particularly helpful Moodlers תמונה של Testers תמונה של Translators

There are two type of embed code - which one are you using? If you look at the list under "embed", see if the "use old embed code" is ticked, and untick that and try. See http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Video

בתגובה ל: Mary Cooch

Re: Uploading you tube videos

על ידי Sue Aldrich בתאריך

Yes I was using the new embed code. I looked at the moodle.org website and it provided an instruction to click on the hotmail button, paste the you tube website and then click the update button. I did all of this which meant that when I clicked on the link in our moodle course it took me to a you tube video of the video I wanted but if I clicked on the big arrow in the middle of the you tube video I got a message about an error and to please try again later. However there was a link including the name of this video sitting over the top of the big arrow and I could click on this and another window would open with the You tube website and the video would play on this window. So at least I am getting the video to play but it still doesnt seem quite right.

Cheers,

Sue