Uploading you tube videos

Uploading you tube videos

by Sue Aldrich -
Number of replies: 2

I am just starting with Moodle 2.0 and I want to upload you tube videos as training resources.

I click on Add a resource and click on Page.

At the same time I have accessed the particular you tube video that I want and I click underneath it on Share and then Embed.

I then copy this and go across to the Moodle Page and Paste it onto the contents page.

I then click on save and return to course and the link is now there but when I click on it I go to a second page where I have to click on it again. Then the you tube video comes up but when I click on play it all goes black and I get an error message across the screen.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Sue

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue Aldrich

Re: Uploading you tube videos

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

There are two type of embed code - which one are you using? If you look at the list under "embed", see if the "use old embed code" is ticked, and untick that and try. See http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Video

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Uploading you tube videos

by Sue Aldrich -

Yes I was using the new embed code. I looked at the moodle.org website and it provided an instruction to click on the hotmail button, paste the you tube website and then click the update button. I did all of this which meant that when I clicked on the link in our moodle course it took me to a you tube video of the video I wanted but if I clicked on the big arrow in the middle of the you tube video I got a message about an error and to please try again later. However there was a link including the name of this video sitting over the top of the big arrow and I could click on this and another window would open with the You tube website and the video would play on this window. So at least I am getting the video to play but it still doesnt seem quite right.

Cheers,

Sue