How do I get past NEED: 2010080300 for last 5 tables

How do I get past NEED: 2010080300 for last 5 tables

by Joe Blum -
Number of replies: 9

On 2.1.1, all tables installed but feedback, folder, imscp,page & url. How do I get past that screen; it keeps coming up no matter what I try. Thanks. Joe

One more thing: I downloaded, unzipped, and uploaded the new aardvark theme into my moodle directory; should/will/might that do something once moodle is working?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joe Blum

Re: How do I get past NEED: 2010080300 for last 5 tables

by Rob Johnson -

Is this a new installation or an upgrade?

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Joe Blum -

I had one working a few years ago. Then, in September of 2009, I tried to upgrade but could never get it to work, so I gave up. This time, to avoid having to give up again, I tried to first delete all old files other than a few in the moodledata folder (below the root). For the record, what should I have done? Now, to remedy the situation, what would you suggest I try and in what order? Thank you, Rob, for caring.

Joe

In reply to Joe Blum

by Rob Johnson -

If I have this correct, this is an upgrade of an incomplete past upgrade?  Do you know what version your had "working a few years ago?"  Do you know what version you tried to upgrade to, but "could never get it to work?"  Are you currently trying to upgrade to the most recent stable release (Moodle 2.1.1)?

The version number in your original post might be a clue.  I hope another Moodler can tell what it refers to.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rob Johnson

by Joe Blum -

No, I don't know what versions the others were. This one is the latest: 2.1.1

These these five are just "warnings," isn't there a way to just ignore them and carry on?

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Joe Blum -

Rob, another Moodler did respond. Joseph'e dvice was to start over, which I just finished doing. What I sent to him was: "Thanks, Joseph, for the advice. I just finished doing this with mixed results. The message I now get is: "Could not find a top-level course" . . . that's after creating/adding the config.php file and creating a new/empty moodledata folder below the root. Where do I go from here?"

Rob, in case you've come accross this error message, would you kindly point me in the right direction?

Thanks. Joe

In reply to Joe Blum

by Rob Johnson -

How is your site hosted?  Is this a server you or your orginization runs, or do you use an external host?  A clean Moodle install should complete without problems if your host meets the minimum requirements.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Joe Blum -

I'm using WestHost. Late last night, I reread the basic instructions and realized that I neglected to create a database . . . an early instruction. So, today, I'm going to try to do that. I wish there were a database that everyone could upload so the installation is as smooth as you say . . . and probably is. If there is such a thing, please point me to it, okay?

Thanks, Rob.

Joe

In reply to Joe Blum

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Joe,

Considering your "moodle history", the best advice I can give is to start afresh with a completely new installation of Moodle 2.1. Remove everything (including the moodledata folder and the database) from your server and re-install.

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Joe Blum -

Thanks, Joseph, for the advice. I just finished doing this with mixed results. The message I now get is: "Could not find a top-level course" . . . that's after creating/adding the config.php file and creating a new/empty moodledata folder below the root. Where do I go from here?

Thanks for your help.

Joe