Automated Email to Student

Automated Email to Student

by Ian Cousins -
Number of replies: 2

When a student completes a questionnaire I would like an automatic email to be sent to the student with the enrolment key for the next section, is this possible?  If so, how would I do this, please.

Many thanks,

Ian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian Cousins

Re: Automated Email to Student

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@ Ian

You could place that enrolment key in the Confirmation page that is displayed to the student upon completing the questionnaire.

Editing Questionnaire Settings > Advanced settings > Submission options > Confirmation page > Body text

You should of course make it clear to the student that a) they'll have to copy that registration key and remember it in order to go to the next section and b) that they will have no other means to retrieve that key.

Please note that you may have to tinker with the duration of the display of that Confirmation page. If you need help, please ask.

Another possibility is to re-direct to a "special" page on the web (inside of or outside of your Moodle course/site) containing all the necessary instructions & key. In that case, use Editing Questionnaire Settings > Advanced settings > Submission options > Confirmation URL.

At the moment what you wish - send an automatic email message upon questionnaire completion is not available. Sorry,

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Automated Email to Student

by Ian Cousins -

Thanks Joseph,

Your response is very helpful indeed, I may indeed get back to you on the subject of timings.

Thanks again,

Ian