Google adsense block for Moodle 2.x available

Google adsense block for Moodle 2.x available

by Marcus Green -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I have updated Gennaro Varriale's Google Adsense block to work with Moodle 2.x. It allows the easy creation and display of Google Adsense blocks within Moodle. If it is considered useful it should probably be added to the modules page as an update rather than new block. See attached.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

Re: Google adsense block for Moodle 2.x available

by John Reese -

Hi there,

I installed your block and why are google ads cut off on the right side? Does this depend on which style?

In reply to John Reese

by Christine Williams -

I had this problem. Turns out I keyed the 160x600 unit as 120x600. Just edited it and no more cutoff.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Christine Williams -

Hi,

I've been using this and I love it; thanks Marcus (and Gennaro as well).

Worked great for a while, now something wierd: the block is invisible, UNLESS I log in and click front page editing on.

Of course I've got the "eye" open and I've checked all permissions. I even deleted it and opened up another, same result.

btw it works fine on my other site. Help!

Thanks.

www.LawCookies.Com

In reply to Christine Williams

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I have had a look at your front page and cannot figure what the problem is. I thought at first that the ads might be showing but be invisible, but that is not so. From your description it must be something to do with what can be accessed once you are logged in, but this doesn't make any sense as the ad material comes in from a javascript file request. I also did a bit of Javascript debugging to see if I could work out what was happening.

If you send me a usable login that will get the ads to show I will see if I can work out what is different between a user that is logged in and the guest status when first arriving at the site.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Christine Williams -

Hi there, I've emailed login info. thank you! I'm mystified.

In reply to Marcus Green

RESOLVED -- Google Adsense block -- different theme

by Christine Williams -

Hi again,

You are so right -- looks like the "Skyhigh" theme will forever post ads off the page (?). Anyway, changed to another theme and the google adsense block shows up fine.

Thanks again, Christine