AfterBurner 2.1 logo change

AfterBurner 2.1 logo change

by Michael O'Brien -
Number of replies: 12

Is it possible to change the afterburner theme logo in moodle 2.1 when it doesn't have a settings page?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael O'Brien

Re: AfterBurner 2.1 logo change

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

The challenge set was to let the user create their own settings page to add a logo or whatever.

You will find Development: Themes 2.0  a good starting point.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Graham Moir -

The documentation for Themes development in Moodle 2.0 is very good.  However I do have a couple of questions.

1) Does everything documented for 2.0 still apply for 2.1 ?

2) Does 2.1 have anything extra that we should know about but is missing from the 2.0 theme documentation ?

3) The appendices are dated - Theme options as of April 28th, 2010 and The different layouts as of August 17th, 2010 both dates more than 12 months ago, is the information provided still complete and correct ?

Thanks

In reply to Graham Moir

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

To answer your questions:

1. Generally speaking anything marked 2.0 is still relevant for Moodle 2.1

2. Yes there are a couple of things which need updating in some of the Tutorials with regards the changes to the layout files and some different syntax for the settings pages.  However, the settings page will still work the way it is written now.

3.  All that is listed is correct, needs report adding as an additional layout.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ujwala Kolte -
I am not able to find lang folder
In reply to Ujwala Kolte

by Mary Evans -

Can you explain better...saying you cannot find lang folder means nothing to me.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ujwala Kolte -

First I will like to thank you for your quick response.

I want to use customized theme. At http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Themes_FAQ, Why is the new theme I uploaded not showing up in Theme Selector?- the lan folder is mentioned. I think it should be in theme/standard folder, but I am not getting it. Please help. Thanks again in advance.

In reply to Ujwala Kolte

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

If you are customising a theme i would recommend you start off with taking a look at these pages

http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Themes_2.0_creating_your_first_theme

http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Themes_2.0_how_to_clone_a_Moodle_2.0_theme

http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Themes_2.0

That should give you a good start, including where to find the lang folder

This is assuming that you are using Moodle2 as you have posted in a thread about a moodle2 theme. However, moodle2 theme standard has a very easy to find lang folder (as do all moodle 2 themes) while Moodle1.9 themes do not. So your first task should be to confirm what version of moodle you are actually using as the themes (and customising them) is different in the two versions.

Richard

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ujwala Kolte

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

If you are looking for a Custom theme based on the BASE theme, which is the main theme in Moodle and parent to all themes, you need to enable "Theme Designer Mode" before you see this theme in the Theme Selector.

To set Theme Designer Mode go to Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme Settings ->> Theme Designer Mode is 2nd box from the top of this page. Click the 'tick' box to ENABLE then scroll to bottom of this page to SAVE changes. Now you should be able to see all the themes in the Theme selector.

HTH

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Ujwala Kolte -

Thanks, both the replies found very useful to me. I have upgraded moodle 1.9 to 2.1.1 recently.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hello Mary,

I think this is a generally problem for themes in moodle standard packages if they are branded. From my point of view each theme in the standard moodle package as we could download should be neutral and all brands should be deleted. An exception may be a Moodle logo as default setting. Generally its a problem if in the standard package themes is no option to replace the logo from admin interface.

I created a bug tracker entry for this MDL-29601

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Mary Evans -

Hi Ralf,

This is strange as I was think of doing this myself yesterday morning. Thanks for saving me the trouble, and thanks again for letting me know about this too.

Regards

Mary

In reply to Michael O'Brien

AfterBurner 2.1 logo stretch width

by Nyree Williams -

Hello

Is it possible to stretch the afterburner logo to span the whole page?

I've tried changing the logo width in the css file but it doesn't make any difference. At the moment my logo is the width of the light3.png file, what should I alter in the CSS file?