Having MNET users also able to log in locally

Re: Having MNET users also able to log in locally

by Craig Hicks -
Number of replies: 0

There are five regional agencies in NE, USA that have rolled this out with about 100 K-12 school districts each with their own Moodle instance. The experience begins at a Liferay page that allows for a single sign on for Moodle, Mahara, Google Apps, and BigBlueButton. The goal is to build a learning environment for students and teachers. We are still very early in the deployment, but things seem to be working well. I do have one issue that is causing me a problem. We had run a single Moodle instance for 20 school districts in the past, and used the parent/mentor role to allow a local  staff member to monitor student activity and grades.  Many of the students using this new system are enrolled in courses outside their home district. I have set up the parent role and assigned the role to a staff member for a number of students, but the role does not allow them to see grades from courses on other Moodle instances. The individual instances are connected using MNet. Is it possible to modify the role to allow the mentor to see student grades for courses on a remote Moodle instance?