Can't restore, using restore script

Can't restore, using restore script

by Gerald Grow -
Number of replies: 3

Gordon, I've moved to a different server and have not yet been able to  restore the courses containing quizports.

Before I spend more time trying to troubleshoot this, I wanted to ask if there is any reason you know of why the backup and restore scripts would not work as they used to?

I think I have the original version of the backup and restore scripts, and the latest Quizport, and am restoring to Moodle 1.9.12.

Thanks for your help. -- Gerald

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerald Grow

Re: Can't restore, using restore script

by Gerald Grow -

I figured it out. If I Restore without choosing any options, it works. When I tried to exclude enrolled students, it didn't work. I have not looked into this any further.

In reply to Gerald Grow

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Gerald,
well done for finding a way through.

If you set Moodle debugging (Site adminitration -> Server -> Debugging) to its highest level, i.e. "Developer", and set "Display error messages in browser" to "Yes", you may get a bit more information displayed about what is going wrong.

If you would like more help, please could you expand on "it didn't work". A screen shot might be helpful too.

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Gerald,

> When I tried to exclude enrolled students

How exactly did you do that? I can't see any settings on the restore page that would allow you exclude enrolled users thoughtful

Gordon