IE7 Compatable ???

IE7 Compatable ???

by Trevor Clay -
Number of replies: 3

I posted this in General Problems with no replys, I think I should have posted it here ...... please any help would be great smile

I have created a topic that contains many true/false quiz questions, everything works 100% on firefox5.0/IE9. My problem is - I need this to work the same on xp 2002 with IE7. In IE7 the content pages work fine and the first quiz will show OK, but when you choose an answer and click on continue the next page is blank. Could I install an earlier version of Moodle? I have read that the theme may have an impact on old browsers, I have tried using the standard with "Use for old browsers" clicked but still the same result. I am using "Formal white" and Moodle 2.0.2 (Build: 20110221) I am also using auto enroll, if I rolled back the version of Moodle would I still have this option? Any/All advice would be really appreciated, Thank You

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Trevor Clay

Re: IE7 Compatable ???

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The difference between IE9 and IE7 might cause the lay-out of pages to be broken in IE7, but it will not cause a blank page when you submit a page of the quiz. Something else must be wrong there.

To find out what is wrong, turn on Debugging.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Trevor Clay -

Thank you Tim, I turned on debugging and clicked through the pages, nothing happened, I checked the logs and nothing about errors. I logged on (admin) to the PC with IE7 and got as far as the first quiz, nothing on screen exept the name of the page and the tabs  that are all out of alignment. I can click on edit page contents and see/access/edit all of the pages one at a time but as soon as I click on please check one answer all I get is blamk page (well almost).

I just clicked on my course and this has appeared on my page: Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: paging_bar requires a perpage value.

In reply to Trevor Clay

by Trevor Clay -

OK, I have managed to reset to a theme that works on old browsers, I thought that by clicking on "old browser" in the chosen theme meant that it would be suitable for "old browsers" NOT ... I now have standard (legacy) chosen and Win XP and IE7 works fine, slightly different layout but no more blank pages. I even managed to get rid of the coding error, It's been a great night ...