seek custom modification: always show download-link with embedded media...

seek custom modification: always show download-link with embedded media...

by Andreas Giesen -
Number of replies: 6

I couldn't figure out how to do this easily by modding the code, but there may be an easy way to do this: 

We need to publish many audiofiles that are supposed to be playable online embedded and also downloadable for ToGo-use in MP3-Players etc. Now I could add the resource always 2 times, one for embedding and one for download, but I would like to have this in one go, since all media is supposed to be downloadable next to embedded. 

In 1.9 I used to embed files and then link to the directory for downloading selected files, but I could not figure out a similar method in 2.x 

Maybe someone can help with either a mod to the media-resources and filters OR by pointing out how I could easily make a bunch of files already embedded in the course available for download...  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andreas Giesen

Re: seek custom modification: always show download-link with embedded media...

by Itamar Tzadok -

I haven't looked yet how this works in 2, but in 1.9 the embedded audio has two elements, a linked name and the player. The linked name is effectively a download link, that is, if you click it, it opens open/save dialogue (depending on user's local settings of course). Is it different in 2? smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Andreas Giesen -

Yes that is different, in 2.x you only get the embedded player without a linked name, actually without any description at all (if embedded in Textpage or Textfield) - as long as you don't add one manually around it...

If you add the media as a file, you get a link and the player will be embedded in a resource-view with any description you add manually to the description area shown underneath.   

The 1.9 filter-behaviour would be exactly what I need...  

by Itamar Tzadok -

Thanks for the clarification. Interestingly enough the 2 behaviour may be perceived as an improvement over the 1.9 behaviour as many people (myself included) found the added file link annoyingly redundant. I guess the improvement is less flexible than what it could/should have been. smile 

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Andreas Giesen -

As in many other cases I would prefer an option over "forced improvements"; simply to be able to check a checkbox "show download-link with embedded media" somewhere would make everybod happy, I suppose ;)  

by Andreas Giesen -

Ok, so this is at least half of what I want ;) 

I could upload files to a common directory and then add the embed-links using the already uploaded files from "Serverfiles". Still this is a two step thing, as I need to upload every file and embed it seperately; in 1.9 I could add the file for embedding and would just have to link to the directory on the server once, where newly uploaded files  by embedding would show automatically...