user bulk password change

user bulk password change

by matt wilkinson -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I would like to know if its possible to implement a Bulk user password change under "Site Administration|Users|Accounts|Bulk User Actions" where you can select your users then change all their passwords to a password you enter and set FORCE PASSWORD CHANGE to enabled.

We have set many tests up on moodle and many students haven't been able to do it as they could not login as a result of forgotten password.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to matt wilkinson

Re: user bulk password change

by ben reynolds -

Hi Matt,

I stumbled across this last week http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Upload_users We've been using it, but I didn't know "changeme" would, alone, force a password change.

In reply to ben reynolds

by matt wilkinson -

Thanks, thats good but i wanted something where you can click on the bulk user actions then select your users then with selected change password... ie: go to "Administration|Users|Accounts|Bulk User Actions" then "select users" then "With Selected Users... -> Change passwords", password change box appears, you type in password, click CHANGE, then all the selected users passwords would change. Its quicker and when created, simpler.

Thanks

by matt wilkinson -

I am looking for something like the change password form but for multiple users.

If this is possible can you please show me how/ make a mod for me?

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I believe - but am not 100% certain as there have been some changes in behavior - that you should be able to bulk upload users with a username, password column for each user you want to change and what you want their password to be. Rather than creating new users, have it update the users. That should change the password. After that finishes select the affected users a bulk user action and force password change. I think that should work but have not tested it. Let us know if it does. Peace - Anthony

Average of ratings: Useful (1)