Outcomes management and Reporting

Outcomes management and Reporting

by Lee Butler -
Number of replies: 5

We are looking at using Moodle to collect, store, manage and report student learning outcomes for our accreditation report.  One of the challenges in doing this is the lack of a site-wide mechanism for harvesting the outcomes for reporting.  Is any one working on this type of project?  If so, would you be willing to share your methodology?

A second challenge is doing embedded assessment.  Has anyone looked at what would be necessary to allow instructors to associate a particular student learning outcome with a subset of questions or an single question in a quiz?

Any information you can give would be quite helpful.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lee Butler

Re: Outcomes management and Reporting

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there -  while I am sure people will be helpful on here, I wonder if your question migh be better placed for responses in the gradebook forum here http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=2122 ?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -

Following Mary to say Moodle as a Curriculum and Information Management System
by Jason Hollowell

especially the last chapter might be very helpful to you.

[Waves at Mary]

In reply to ben reynolds

by Lee Butler -

Thanks for the reference.  I am reading the book, but haven't gotten that far.

In reply to Lee Butler

by ben reynolds -

I don't usually advocate raiding instead of reading (as Wayne Booth put it), but you can skip to Chapter 8 and skip to Chapter 10 and then go back and read the other parts. Hallowell is particularly good at explanations, and, since the whole book doesn't totally build upon itself, a little raiding would be okay in this book.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Lee Butler -

I was wondering myself, but thought I would start here.  Thanks for the advice.