Theme developers with a bit of spare time

Theme developers with a bit of spare time

by Jeremy FitzPatrick -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi all

I am working on a theme which imho has quite a bit of potential.  I know from experience a good theme takes a lot of work to get right. And themes seem to generate a (insert favourite expletive) lot of postings in the Moodle discussion forums which leads me to suspect they require a lot of maintenace too. So I don't feel I will be able to properly support a theme on my own.

Rather than give up or release an incomplete theme with unknown bugs I'm hoping that there will be some themers out there who will like where I am heading with my theme and be able to help out and contribute to a collaboratively developed theme.

The main features are a clean approach and icons for blocks and the dock.

Have a look at it at http://moodle.jeremyfitzpatrick.geek.nz/course/view.php?id=6 Log in as a guest

I look forward to you many generous offers of support. wink

Attachment screenshot.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeremy FitzPatrick

Re: Theme developers with a bit of spare time

by James Cracknell -

Hi

Looks excellent - though the only thing I see is missing is a drop down menu IMHO - makes navigation so much easier.

In reply to James Cracknell

by Jeremy FitzPatrick -

By 'drop down menu' do you mean the navigation block or something else?

by Mary Evans -

I love the dock images...and the tidy way it all looks...nice!

by Ishan Anders -

Hi Jeremy,

really good theme smile. I'm not a theme developer, but I can test it if you want. I'm able to make some modifications. Sometimes I customize themes. 

I love the "cleaness" of the theme. It looks professional. In other themes I love (and I think its a need) horizontal menus, like in the "decaf" from Lei.

What do you think about horizontal menus and do you have plans to integrate such menus?

Cheers 

Ishan

In reply to Ishan Anders

by Jeremy FitzPatrick -

Thanks for your offer to test the theme Ishan. I have had a lot of really positive feedback so despite a lack of available time I will continue development. I think I need to make a development plan and prioritise the main features - which is the dock icons. I can then make a road map to include other features as popularity demands.

Jeremy