Collapsed Topics Label moving

Collapsed Topics Label moving

by Claire Browne -
Number of replies: 8

Hello,

In a collapsed topic I am trying to re order some labels, but I cannot re arrange them.

I am trying to move the orange label from the bottom to in between the red label and green label.

see screen shot for more info

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claire Browne

Re: Collapsed Topics Label moving

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Claire,

Which version please - for Moodle 1.9 or 2.0?

Plus any chance of attaching the course so I can test?

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Claire,

As a preemptive answer I just had a go with Moodle 2.0 and it works!  I assume that you are using the move 'Move Icon' icon to perform the action?

Cheers,

Gareth

by Claire Browne -

Hi Gareth

Yes I am using the cross I can move it topic to topic but I cannot move it above other labels.

Did you test in firefox? I am using the latest version of fire fox.

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Claire,

My code uses the inbuilt AJAX code for moving which is also used by the standard topics format.  Do you have the same issue if you use Firefox and temporaily set the course format to 'topics'?

What 'exact' version of Firefox are you running?  As there is a latest version 3 and a latest version 4 and they change all the time ;)

Cheers,

Gareth

by Claire Browne -

Gareth,

Please note IE8 the move icon performs the action perfectly it is just firefox that doesnt.

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Claire,

Ta.

And please, please, please, please, please, please, always post as much information as possible to help save time and allow me to replicate the issue sooner.  The Firefox snippet of information would have saved me 15 minutes of work that I did not have to do!!

Cheers,

Gareth

by Claire Browne -

This is in Moodle 2.0

Unfortunately, I cannot upload the course because the zip file is too big.

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Claire,

I've just tested with Firefox 4.0.1 on Moodle 2.0.3+(Build 20110511) with theme Arialist and it works!  I was able to move labels around within the same topic, between topics and around tasks.

I'm using PHP 5.3.3 on an Apache web server (2.2.16) with MySQL (5.1.50)  on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1 build 7601.

Regards,

Gareth