Math Type help please

Math Type help please

by Mark G -
Number of replies: 4

hi - I am trying to get my formulas showing in Moodle. I have followed the instructions for copying and pasting from Math Type (Cut and copy prefs set to Moodle:Tex filter) It is copying correctly, but when i paste into a lesson, then click save, I am shown a long string of code - not the code I entered or the formula.

This is what I am trying to post in my own moodle site

$${\rm{Relative humidity }}\infty \frac{{{\rm{4 grams/kilogram}}}}{{{\rm{21 grams/kilogram}}}}{\rm{ x100 = 19\% }}$$

I see the formula is appearing perfect here in this forum...this is what I need it to do in my lessons.

TeX Notation filter is enabled on my moodle site.

Algebra Notation is enabled on my moodle site.

I am using moodle 1.9.9, and I have purchased mathType 6.7a

Ideally, i would like my formulas to look the same as they are presented on Wikipedia.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark G

Re: Math Type help please

by Mark G -

Can anyone help please? wide eyes

In reply to Mark G

by Mark G -

When I run debugging, I can see formulas fine when running test #3.

I am trying to paste into a lesson

In reply to Mark G

by Mark G -

This is what appears when I click save and view the page: it looks like the glossary is interferring with it??

{\rm{<a class="glossary autolink glossaryid1" title="Meterological Glossary: Psychrometer" href="http://atplonline.co.nz/mod/glossary/showentry.php?courseid=2&amp;concept=Psychrometer" Xonclick="return openpopup('/mod/glossary/showentry.php?courseid=2\&amp;concept=Psychrometer', 'entry', 'menubar=0,location=0,scrollbars,resizable,width=600,height=450', 0);">Relative humidity</a> }}\infty \frac{{{\rm{4 grams/kilogram}}}}{{{\rm{21 grams/kilogram}}}}{\rm{ x100 = 19\% }}

In reply to Mark G

by Mark G -

ok, it appears that if a term in teh formula is also in the glossary, it doesn't render...

This example

$${\rm{Lima }}\infty \frac{{{\rm{4 grams/kilogram}}}}{{{\rm{21 grams/kilogram}}}}{\rm{ x100 =  19\% }}$$

appears correctly in our lesson as the word 'Lima' isn't in our glossary.

However, 'Relative humidity' is. How do we get around this? Many of our forumulas will aslo have the same first names as our glossary.