Aardvark 2.0 (nearly)

Aardvark 2.0 (nearly)

Shaun Daubney -
Vastausten määrä: 39

To everyone that's been emailing me, I'm NEARLY ready with a BETA but it's sunny out and College is about to close for the Easter hols. I'll be back in early May when I will try and get a public BETA up then. Sorry.

Liitetiedosto build20110621.jpg
Arviointien keskiarvo:Useful (3)
Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Re: Aardvark 2.0 (nearly)

Shaun Daubney -
Thinking of creating a new profile block, any suggestions on it's design or content, please post. I have a creative blockage.
Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Mary Evans -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Peer reviewers Kuva: Plugin developers Kuva: Testers

Check out Splash theme's neat profile block, written is some strange language which you are advise to get to speed with as it is very useful. hymy I used a version of it in my aardvark_lite for Moodle 2, which you are very welcome to take a look at and use if it helps.

I must admit, people liked your header login block so why change now?

Can't wait to see the finished theme.

Regards

Mary

Vastaus Mary Evans

Shaun Daubney -
Evolution I guess. There's always room for improvement. Like when they added chocolate to Weetabix hymy fingers crossed I'll have the BETA ready for next week.
Vastaus Shaun Daubney

David González Zamora -

Come on! This is the best theme for moodle.virnistys

Do you know when are you going to finish it?

Vastaus David González Zamora

Shaun Daubney -
Sorry this has taken so long, it has been the most manic year ever, but the big upgrade is this week so I've been working for the last 48 hours and I just have 1 more thing to do (the profile block) that I'm having trouble with and it will be ready for BETA.
Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Mary Evans -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Peer reviewers Kuva: Plugin developers Kuva: Testers

Hi Shaun,

I've just written you a message...included in it is a zip file of some code which you might find useful.

Everyone is looking forward to your theme.

All the best...

Mary

Arviointien keskiarvo:Useful (1)
Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Bobby Carey -

looking forward to trying the beta!

Vastaus Bobby Carey

Shaun Daubney -
Thanks, I'm just stuck on one little bit. Once I've solved it then it will be ready for the world. I'm trying to work out how to make the contents of a DIV appear and disappear by clicking on an image/link in the same way the +/- button works on the side blocks. Any ideas anyone?
Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Mary Evans -

THIS may be the answer you are looking for...

Vastaus Mary Evans

Shaun Daubney -

That's perfect thanks. I was trying to utilise the javascript that is already being used in Moodle - to save replicating anything, as the expand/collapse seems to appear quite frequently around Moodle, I just can't quite track down where it stems from.

Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Mary Evans -

Try moodle/lib/yui as all the YUI js scripts are inthere somewhere!

Vastaus Mary Evans

Shaun Daubney -

I think my head might explode in a minute, I can't work out how to do it. AHHHHH

Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Mary Evans -

If you are adding JavaScript and trying to get it to work, and providing you have ...

1. put js scripts in directory moodle/theme/aardvark/javascript/
  2. you have declared all scripts in moodle/theme/aardvark/config.php $THEME->javascripts_footer = array('myjsfile');

Then try Purge all caches...

Site Administration > Development > Purge all caches Click the link and then click the button (Purge all caches) on the page which opens. This then does the round up of the cache files and purges them. Eventually you get back to the same page, so either hit cancel or Home on the navbar.

Now force a re-load of the page in the browser Ctrl + F5 and hopefully your Javascript will work.

HTH

Mary

Vastaus Mary Evans

Shaun Daubney -
I'm having trouble with everything hymy it's been a long day (although admittedly I did spend most of it in the College salon getting a hair cut. Lol Might go get something to eat then finish off what I can and email it to you Mary to see if you can resolve the issues hymy go Team Aardvark! PS message me your email address
Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Mary Evans -

Hope you have taken a rest...after eating. Also I would leave off Moodle until tomorrow...then you won't be tempted to

hymy

Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Mary Evans -

Or THIS which is in itself quite a nice resource site which I have just found!

Any nearer?

Mary

Vastaus Mary Evans

Richard Oelmann -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Plugin developers Kuva: Testers

@Mary,

thanks for these really useful links

@Shaun,

Can't wait to see it! Thanks for all the effort you've put in

Vastaus Richard Oelmann

Shaun Daubney -

I've sent a copy to Mary to see if she can help me on a few issues then it should be ready for public release. I've added a screenshot, it looks a bit messy at the moment.

Liitetiedosto 2_1 Beta.jpg
Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Shaun Daubney -

Fixed - thanks Mary!

Liitetiedosto Screen shot 2011-07-19 at July 19, 08.16.47 AM.jpg
Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Mary Evans -

I must say I am truly impressed with your efforts on this theme Shaun. But just a couple of pointers. First run your CSS through the CSS Validator URL as follows:

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate_by_upload

Also when overriding YUICSS copy the original and if it is the background you don't want type none so the css would look like..

.yui-menu .whatever {background: none !important} if you leave off the none the Validator throws up a parse error.

I love how the menu works!  Really cool!

One more thing... when you come to add the theme to the Moodle Theme's repository, please can you make ABSOLUTELY sure you have NO MAC OS files in the zip? There is a special file compressor you can get for the MAC which zips it correctly.

Also...when you finally add Aardvark 2 can you start a new discussion?

Thanks

Mary

Vastaus Mary Evans

Shaun Daubney -

Thanks. Yeah the public version will be run through validation and built on a PC here at work instead on my mac at home.

Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Shaun Daubney -

in case anyone is interested, here is the latest screenshot including mary's block and richard's upcomings.

Liitetiedosto screenshot fri night.jpg
Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Mary Evans -

Hi Shaun,

Why not let the background to the Profile Bar be transparent...opaque even, so it allows the background image through?

Also, are you going to tie up the '$hasfooterline'  with a footerline setting in your custom setting's page? The code to do this is in Formal White.

You can add a date into the menu quite easily too if you want to that is.

Idea came from Daniel Whyl in my version of Aardvark Makeover. It uses a very simple date structure which can be translated.

Your Aardvark 2 theme is obviously going to be a work in progress...but I like how it's looking so far.

You are really giving us lots to think about.

Thanks

Mary

Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Frosty Frost -

Interested...are you kidding?  This looks awesome!  Please tell me you are planning on realeasing this soon?

Vastaus Frosty Frost

Shaun Daubney -

Releasing tonight - fingers crossed (thanks to everyone who has been helping with the BETA test)

Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Richard Oelmann -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Plugin developers Kuva: Testers

Excellent Shaun, looking forward to seeing the aardvark in the wild again hymy

Vastaus Richard Oelmann

Shaun Daubney -

It may be tomorrow now, he's still a little feral, just one small thing I need to work out - Mary's helping me though, so fingers crossed!

Vastaus Shaun Daubney

James Cracknell -

I've been watching a certain website as well hymy  A nice number of improvements occuring hymy

Vastaus James Cracknell

Mary Evans -

Yeah! We fixed it!

Vastaus Mary Evans

Shaun Daubney -
Mostly you! hymy
Vastaus Shaun Daubney

Mary Evans -

It was fun though you have to admit!  Talk about a race against time.

Boy did I learn alot about PHP...I nearly died laughing though, when I got the Fatal ERROR message...that only a programmer can fix! hymy

You have done a good job, and it's well worth the wait.

Thank you!

Mary

Vastaus Mary Evans

Frosty Frost -

Shaun,

Thanks again for this awesome theme.

May I ask is it possible to change the font colour on the menu bar at all? I wanted to make the bar lighter from the grey an now the text hardly show.

Cheers

Frosty

Vastaus Frosty Frost

Mary Evans -

Hi Frosty, Yes you can change the color of the menu, you can do that in aardvark/core.css

CSS FAQ

Mary

Vastaus Mary Evans

Re: Aardvark 2.0 Profile Bar

Frosty Frost -

Great thanks Mary I have got it now.

One more question if I may?  Is it possible to change the behaviour of the Profile bar so it is open by default when you login and you can close it if you want to?

Of course when not logged in it would not be available.

Thanks

Frosty