Online Forms for Moodle

Online Forms for Moodle

by Liz Renshaw -
Number of replies: 3

I need to make some online forms for our moodle. For example ' Contact us' forms...fill in type of thing...

I am not up for doing any HTLM stuff so I am looking for any ideas about some open source ware that might have templates. Or is there something in Moodle - a module or plugin and I am not aware of it yet.

Thanks all,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Liz Renshaw

Re: Online Forms for Moodle

by ben reynolds -

Google docs has forms, at least their spreadsheet does. Haven't tried them, but the back end of getting the form entries into a spreadsheet would be most useful.

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to ben reynolds

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well yes, Google Docs is probably the easiest  way to do what you want. If you have the Feedback or Questionnaire module installed you can set them to anonymous and they act as sign up forms too, and are within Moodle.

(just following Ben aroundsmile)

Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Randy Orwin -
I have used Google forms, the Questionnaire module and the Feedback module to gather this kind of information. If you want even more flexibility you could build your forms in the Database module which is a part of Moodle core. I have used this method for some pretty complex forms and it works great. The only caveat is that you do have a bit more work to set them up, but if you only have a few forms to build it wouldn't take long to set them up. Good luck, Randy
Average of ratings: Very cool (1)